The following fictional characters represent the typical experiences of the individuals we serve and the staff who support them.
Tyson Has Amazing Support from an Awesome Team
His family, his community, and the help of his ABA technicians at LittleStar
Tyson’s future looks bright, but that doesn’t mean it looks easy. It’s great that he’s made it to grade school, and he seems to be comfortable enough to stay there, but it takes a lot of effort from his family and from James, his in-home/community technician, to continue that progress.
James – just like every technician at LittleStar – is a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT). He knows that in order to maximize their time together he has to quickly assess and adjust their goals. After Tyson gets home from school, James starts a quick assessment to see if Tyson is ready to continue where they left off yesterday.
James is Tyson’s in-home/community Registered Behavior Technician (RBT). He works with Tyson’s family to make it possible for Tyson to participate in community outings with his family.
Tyson’s family didn’t have to deal with thorny insurance issues because they had a specialist help them get approval.
When Tyson started attending ABA therapy, it made a difference, but his family was thrilled when his technician told them he was able to engage with peers at lunch.
Tyson Isn‘t Like Any Other Person. So His Program Isn’t Either.
For Tyson’s mother, there’s nothing quite like dropping him off for school in the morning. She’s full of hope and anxiety. What if something happens today?
She’s just like any other mother, dropping off any other child, at any other school. Thankfully, Tyson has had lots of preparation and ABA Therapy at LittleStar. He has the team he needs to make sure this day at school goes off without a hitch.
Tyson navigates his way through reading, recess and rests briefly before lunch. The day isn’t perfect, but it’s good. His teacher, Mrs. Barlow, talks to James for five minutes before lunch to let him know that Tyson seems particularly engaged today because he got to his desk early.
Later during gym class, Tyson and some other boys on his team seemed to ignore each other. James prompts Tyson to appropriately interact with his teammates.
Tyson’s uncle shows up to take him home, where his dad happily greets him. James starts therapy once everyone has settled in and gets through as many programs as they can. James notes where they left off so he can continue tomorrow.
Life at Home
Tyson’s exceeding expectations. After an early diagnosis, no one knew what to think, his family hoped for the best, but just like any child, his path would be uniquely his own, and no one could be certain what that would be like.
His ABA Therapy at LittleStar offered him early intervention, intensive therapy allowed him to rapidly progress in communication and socialization. He is now better equipped to attend school.
Tyson, just like every kid his age, needs every opportunity to reach his fullest potential.
The Right Team
- James is Tyson’s Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) this month. He’s been working with Tyson at LittleStar and at home.
- Mrs. Barlow is Tyson’s teacher, she’s working with James to include Tyson in everyday lessons while making sure he’s able to interact.
- Anthony is Tyson’s Insurance Coordinator. She makes sure Tyson’s family insurance plan covers his ABA Therapy, whether in the LittleStar center or in the community
- Tyson’s family has been involved with his therapy every day. James has helped them understand what they need to do each week to maximize his progress.
The families of the individuals we serve are crucial to progress. You can rely on us to make that progress happen.
We Work Together
When we partner with families, teachers and our communities.
- We work transparently, so you always know what’s going on.
- We help you understand your role in your child’s therapy, so you can be proactive.
- You’ll help set the goals. We’ll achieve them together.
Real Progress Happens Every Day, with Effort from Those We Serve, LittleStar and Families
Tyson gets the support he needs to make progress. His family gets the support they need for his future. LittleStar offers the guidance they both need to build a future together.
Driven by Results
ABA Therapy makes a real difference.
- For more than 50 years, ABA Therapy has shown better progress than any alternative intervention.
- ABA Therapy is recommended by the US Surgeon General for people with autism.
- At LittleStar, ABA Therapy is always one-on-one with a Registered Behavior Technician).
- ABA Therapy is recommended by the American Association of Pediatrics.
Let’s Start the Journey.
Schedule a personal tour of LittleStar for your family.