Direct Support Professional
Make A Difference
Work 1:1 with Children, Teens and Young Adults
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) have an essential role in improving the lives of individuals with autism. In addition to being a caregiver, they also assist with activities of daily living, social and interpersonal skills, communication skills, leisure and recreational activities, and self-advocacy.
This position is not only rewarding and fun, it offers flexible part-time hours and a great hourly wage. Job responsibilities may include:
- Basic hygiene and housekeeping
- Age appropriate leisure activities like playing board games, going to a playground or movies
- Cooking or ordering food at a restaurant
- Social and communication skills
Find Out More About This Job
If you feel like this is something you’d be interested in, fill out the contact form below and we’ll send you the information you need. If you are passionate about helping others, this position is perfect for you.
Passion For Helping Others
Help someone with autism lead a more independent life and provide some relief to their caregivers.
Why Work at LittleStar?
- Highly competitive pay, $17.45/hour
- We are a non-profit organization, so we always focus on what is best for the individuals we serve
- Quality training and a supportive team
- Flexible schedule
Qualifications and Skills
- A passion for helping others
- Highschool diploma or equivalent
- At least 18 years of age
- Possess and maintain a clear criminal record per Medicaid Waiver regulation requirements
- Maintain a valid Indiana driver’s license, full-coverage insurance on personal vehicle, and maintain insurability as defined by the agency liability insurance carrier. Must possess and maintain reliable transportation that meets state requirements for transporting persons served.