Little Star Center (LSC), Indiana’s first center specializing in the treatment of children with autism, is expanding! We’ve got a great opportunity for dedicated people as an Autism Therapist: meaningful one-on-one work with learners, full and part-time.
Educational Qualifications and Skills:
- High School diploma; however, Bachelors Degree in ABA or related field is preferred (including degrees in early childhood education, elementary education, psychology, occupational therapy, special education, speech/language/hearing pathology)
- Experience working with children with autism is preferred, but not required
- Strong organizational and time management skills along with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good judgment and creative thinking skills
- A positive team player and energetic professional
Little Star Center, founded in 2002 by a family with a child with autism, provides year round therapeutic intervention for children with autism based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Little Star Center is the proud recipient of the 2011 Excellence in Direct Care Award from the Autism Society of Indiana and is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. The Little Star culture features a family-first philosophy, and is a fun and supportive place to work. It is an atmosphere where children, therapists and families can interact and support each other. If you have a big heart, accept people as they are, and want to make a difference in people’s lives, Little Star Center is the right place for you!
We expect the highest levels of professionalism from all team members as we work to ensure that each child can reach their full potential at home and in a variety of settings outside of therapy. We offer our team great benefits that include health, vision and dental insurance, paid holidays, vacation time, sick time, personal time, and 401K.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected], apply online, or fax it to 317-249-2248. (NOTE: Resumes without a cover letter will not be accepted. Please, no phone calls.)